We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our (new normal) routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. We are excited to be returning to the office full-time on June 1st and we want you to know what to expect.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows and exceeds infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow these agencies constantly, so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued, especially during these dynamic times.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. Here are a few of the changes that we made to protect our patients and our staff:
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment to ask some screening questions. You will then be asked those same questions when you arrive to your appointment.
- We will ask that you please call or text our office at (616) 288-4777 when you arrive so that we may greet you at the door and escort you directly to your treatment room.
- When you enter the building, we will ask that you please wear a mask.
- We have hand sanitizer near our entry door that we will ask you to use upon arrival. You will also find hand sanitizer throughout our building for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our reception area has fewer chairs, in order to practice social-distancing. We are also no longer offering magazines or children’s toys at this time.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social-distancing between patients, which may mean limited appointment times available for the next few months.
- Though we are deeply invested in our patients lives and well-being, you may notice that we are not as social as have been in the past. This is due to the layers of plastic and cloth that we are separated by (and smiling behind!) It may be harder for us to hear you during your visit.
- You will notice that our staff is wearing more protective equipment than usual, such as over gowns, face shields and surgical caps. To keep our staff comfortable, our office temperature may be lower than usual. We suggest dressing for Fall temperatures. As always, if you are cold during your visit, we have blankets available!
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we have taken to keep you, and every patient, healthy in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (616) 288-4777 or do this conveniently through this website.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
We look forward to serving you,
Dr. Maria Hoekstra and the team at Marigold Family Dentistry